Surely sometime in your life you have spent a beautiful day at the beach, where you have probably built some sand castles. Perhaps you have even tried to create something more complicated, burying a family member and making it look like a turtle. Anyway, the fact is that the artist Andoni Bastarrika surpasses any human being when it comes to a sculpture made with sand.
This artist sculpts huge sand animals to the point that they look real. In an interview on the renowned site Bored Panda , this man mentioned that his beginning with sand sculptures was 10 years ago. It all started when he made a little mermaid when he was on the beach with his two daughters, and in that moment he discovered the fluidity of his hands.
The last 10 years were dedicated purely and exclusively to developing this gift and these are the 30 best sculptures Andoni has created:
1. A shark devouring someone
2. In this case the shark does not look so violent
3. A huge sand whale
4. Isn’t this alligator so creepy it looks real?
6. A moment before the attack
7. A very realistic little puppy
8. Not only does he make animal sculptures, he also makes human sculptures
9. This beluga is stranded in the middle of the beach, but don’t worry, it’s not real
10. Just imagine walking along this beach and finding this huge shark in the middle of the road.
11. A dog emerging from the sand
12. Besides making them look real, you also take time to color them
13. You can also find animals that do not usually inhabit the beaches
14. Not only does he believe them, he also loves posing with them
15. I don’t know if you are too, but I would be very scared to see this
16. Andoni has a fascination for sand, because according to him it doesn’t matter how you look at it. “The sand always teaches you things if you have the predisposition to learn”
17. “To create a sculpture, you need an unimaginable amount of sand particles hugging themselves in the moisture. They just need someone who can give a model and a shape to this beautiful union “mentioned the artist
18. Once the artist moves away from the sculpture, she will be at the mercy of Mother Nature. This means that one day the wind will dry them and give each particle freedom, gradually consuming all its authenticity. In simple words, it will make her disappear
19. The beauty of these sculptures disappears before you imagine a beach